Sunday, April 6, 2008

3 years old

Yes, that's me =o When I was probably 3-5 years old

Yep, I'll be 3 years old this month! 3 years old in the faith! I can't believe its been 3 years! I can remember the day I gave my hand to be baptized like it was yesterday. One of the most happiest days of my life, it was a day I'd been looking forward to for most of my life.
The day before I gave my hand, we had some brethren came down from Idaho, and I remember being at a visit and seeing everyone greeting each other and just saw the love they all had for each other, and I was sad I didn't have that. And the topic that night was about how each of them were called into the faith, and I could hardly stand being there, because I so badly wanted what they had, but hadn't felt anything, but that I wanted it badly. Then the next morning, I woke up and getting baptized had been on my mind all night and I still couldn't get off my mind that morning. Right before we left for church that morning I said a quick little prayer, that God would give me a little sign or something. The sign I asked for was just a song, any song. A song that would just let me know it was time. I know it probably wasn't the best thing to ask for a sign, but I didn't know that at the time.
So, church started and we sang a couple of songs, and I already was bawling, but I started doubting that God had heard that little prayer of mine. Right after I thought that, a sister was used to speak a prophecy to me. He just said that He heard my simple request for a song, and heard my prayers always, and said if He could hear a babies cries in the night He'd hear me, or if He could hear a sparrow fall to the ground, then He could hear me. And every prayer He'd be there and He'd hear and answer small prayers and great prayers, but the greatest thing He could do for me was to touch my heart like he did that day.
After that all the doubts were gone and I gave my hand in the middle of church. That was a hard hour to sit through because I was so excited and relieved that He wanted me! So, there you go! Wish I could go back and live that day again and again. =)

11 comments:

Charlene said...

oh Rain that is so sweet that is all I can say is how sweet and I love you Sis Love Sister Charlene

Cherrie said...

What a blessing it is to be called into the faith. Happy three year anniversary....

Jules said...

Awww, that is a VERY CUTE picture of you!!! And happy third "rebirthday!" I wish we could all relive that wonderful moment. Actually, we all CAN relive the happiness that we all felt, when we all get to Heaven :)

Sis. Lori P. said...

I remember I had no clue you were thinking about getting baptized that day...and all of a sudden you were my sister/daughter! Can't believe it's been three years.

Sis Stubby said...

Happy Birthday the most important one of all.I think remembering this is an uplift to us.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cutie girl (I love the pic)! It's hard to believe that was three years ago. I remember feeling the same as you when I heard their testimonies felt the love the brethren had for each other and wanted that so bad in my life. Now we both have lives filled with our own wonderful testimonies! I just wish I could give the life God's given to me to everyone in the world.

Anonymous said...

lorraine i was really encouraged by your new post your so cute

Anonymous said...

I love to hear about how the Lord plants faith in the hearts of His people. The words that the Lord spoke to you comforted me too. I love your blog and you too. How sweet it is to remember how the Lord drew me in the faith. So glad to have all my sweet sister in the faith.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Aww Lorraine I was so there for that baptism! Such a sweet day! I loved it. You poor thing had to go in that freezing water! haha! I'm so glad I got to be there. It's wonderful how the Lord works. I'm thankful he had mercy on me at a young age too. I'm so glad you're my sister/cousin! Love you!

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Aww, thanks for commenting Bethany! That night you were the one talking about what you felt when you got baptized, everything you said was what I felt and had me wanting it more. Love you!!