Well, since it's been tough finding out what to write about, I decided to write about some things that I've seen God do for me. But maybe that'd mean I found out what to write about and don't have writer's block at the moment?
So, I'll take you back to before I got baptized...about 4 or 5 years ago. All of us teens (back then, although some are still teens) were and still are really close. We used to go down to the river every summer and enjoy its icy cold water that was very refreshing (But not very clean, if I may say so myself) on the hot summer days. I have very good memories of those years down at the river, and also some scary memories. As most of you probably know, rivers are pretty dangerous places to swim, because of under-toes, random logs floating down, rope swings, and all the other unknown objects that we don't see. Well this one day, all of us decided to go down to a different part of the river where there was a rope swing to swing into the river with. Now, this rope swing was dangerous, very dangerous. And at the time, I don't remember if we even realized it then. On the rope there was another thin rope for you to hold onto as you climbed up a little hill so you could jump off. If you didn't have this other rope hanging off the other rope, you wouldn't be able to reach it from where you were suppose to push off from. This was dangerous because the thin rope could easily wrap around your leg as you swung from the little hill, and hang you from your leg above the water, upside down(Which I think might've happened to one of the teens or was close to happening, and ended up with a rope burn).
So, we played on this swing for a while before anything really happened. And then when it was my turn to swing off the hill (or maybe I should call it a little cliff?) the thin rope got wedged in between the steps that you climbed up on the tree, and push off from there. Well, of course, I didn't know it got wedged as I pushed off the tree, and so the rope swung me around the tree and bumped me off. Oh yes, I forgot to mention, down below me were large(or what seemed very large to me) river rocks until you reached the water. Of course it all happened really fast, and I didn't have time to correct myself to land on my feet. I landed on my left hip and elbow, and managed to somehow keep my head from hitting any rocks. I really couldn't remember hitting the ground..I must've blacked out or something because when I was all of a sudden on the rocks and my hip and elbow were really numb, and was screaming.
The teens (3 of my brothers and my friend and her brother)up above me scrambled their way down to me and managed to get me up on a bench to wait for someone to come pick me up. (None of us were old enough to drive yet.)
Now, I think this is my favorite part of this whole deal. Once the boys got a hold of one of my brother(Jordan) to come pick me up, he headed to come get me. Well, on his way over his car got overheated and he had to stop. My oldest brother (Philip)was on his way (no one knew this) to come check on us and bring us snacks, because he heard we were down there. So, it worked out that Philip could bring me home quickly before any of the people down at the river called 911 on us. Not only did that work out, but it also worked out that mom was able to come home from work to be with me. She was working at the library (and was going to be there till later that night) and the substitute happened to walk in the moment she got the call and she was able to leave.
Thankfully I didn't brake any bones. My elbow was so banged up that I couldn't straighten it for a couple weeks and my hip just got really bruised and was hard to walk on for a while. Although every once and a while my hip will hurt, but I guess that helps me to remember everything that happened that day and how much love I saw from the brethren. Through that whole thing I saw a lot of really amazing things God did.
Anyways, sorry for the long detailed story, but it kinda helps me to remember what happened.
5 things you should never put in the dishwasher
5 years ago
6 comments:
What a beautiful testimony you have. God always is good to us.
Hi Sister did you miss me. God is so good to us that love him I am so thankful that we serve him love you little Sis
God is so good to us even when we don't know we are in danger.
My kids were so scared when they saw that happen. Brittany couldn't stop crying. I remember the big bruises you had and how hard it was for you to get around. But I see now the Faith God increased in all your hearts that day when you all saw His hand move to save you and heal you. I didn't even know the part about your brothers coming to get you. That just gave me goosebumps. Your faith then was an example to my daughter even as a little girl. Thank you for reminding me today what a merciful God we serve!
Sweetie, that was a bad day! I really think that this was the worst we've seen as a family raising seven children. Even now it brings tears to my eyes as my ears hear again your cries on the couch. Thank heaven we didn't know how much you really were hurt...I think it was much worse than you make it sound here and God's mercy was to our whole family that day.
Oh my goodness! This story is so amazing. I'm so sorry that you got hurt so bad, but it is neat that God was actually sending someone before you knew you needed help. There are so many times that we are truly saved (and not even know it!) Thank you for this testimony :)
Post a Comment