Monday, March 24, 2008

Chivalry

Photobucket
Now, lately I've been watching how men treat women in public, and it's actually very interesting. I guess I just like to watch and see what guys do when a lady is entering a room, leaving a room, looking for a seat, and whatever else. I don't see it very often when I'm shopping or in a public building, but when I see it, it puts a smile on my face. I hear so much that Chivalry is dead, but if we saw it all the time maybe we wouldn't appreciate it as much or give it much thought when a man did a chivalrous deed? Now, I'm not saying men are bad if they don't open the door for a lady, or get out of their seat for a lady, I'm just saying I like to watch what they'll do.
I've noticed when sisters come to a visit at someone's house, that a bunch of the young men get out of their seat and give it to the sister. And then I watch how the sisters take care of the brothers in return by making sure they've each got a drink, and are comfortable and have enough dessert to eat. But I don't notice men doing this a whole lot in public.
So, what happened to chivalry? Why is everyone saying its now 'dead'? Is there a way women are chivalrous too? Or is chivalry only a man thing?
Anyways, I don't really know what my point was, but its just some things I've noticed the last few weeks and its very interesting to me. And hopefully it doesn't come across that I sound bratty, or think men HAVE to be Chivalrous, that's not at all what I meant for it to sound like.

5 comments:

Jules said...

It is really good that you can read men this well. Just keep on reading them and hopefully youwill end up with one that acts like a gentleman! You deserve a sweet guy :)

Cherrie said...

Well I must say I still work on my husband when it comes to that. I give him a hard time about opening my door. He doesn't always do it but every now and then he will...

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Jules: Thanks! Not sure if I can read men well, but I DID use to live with 6 brothers. ;)

Cherrie: Its quite the opposite for me, if I go anywhere with my brothers and I try and open a door by myself, they get 'upset' at me for it. Hehe, sometimes I race them for it! (shh!!)

Sis. Lori P. said...

I live in danger of walking into random doors! My men take such good care of me and I find that when I'm not with one of them...I have to make an effort to not walk headlong into a door!

Cherrie said...

Raine I have not tried the play dough recipe yet. With the house sell I have decided to wait. I just wrote it down so I wouldn't forget it.