Thursday, March 13, 2008

Musicals


Don't you just love the old musical movies? I do!! I know I'm probably a dork, but I've been listening to the 'My Fair Lady' sound track all week. Some of my most favorite songs my poppi sings around the house are on that movie...songs he made up words to, but kept the tune.
The movie above is my favorite song, annnnd the song that got me the nickname Raine in spain. There are some other great musicals...like "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" (Reminds me of my brothers..too funny), "West Side Story"(They have the best dance moves in one scene), "Wizard of Oz" (Love the shoes and munchkin song), "Singing in the Rain"(Love the song singing in the rain...), "Little Mermaid"(I know its not THAT old, but it's my favorite disney musical ;) ), and a few others by Shirley Temple and Judy Garland...and Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.
Anyone else like old movies? =o I know this post was pointless,but frankly, I don't have a whole lot to talk about lately. =B

8 comments:

Cherrie said...

I love musicals, and so does my little girl. She hasn't seen some of the old ones like this I should have her watch some. She would love it. So has Tiffany had her baby yet?

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

No baby yet! Tiffany's mommy is down for the week,so thats why you havent heard from Tiffany for awhile...we're hoping(if its Gods will) that tiffy has it before her mom leaves for Idaho. That means shes got 3 more days till then!!

Charlene said...

Once again Sister Rian I love your posts pointless or not. They give me such joy I loved the pictures of Brittany and the sisters at the tea party too. I was really struggling and
there you were with the sweet pictures and It gave me strenght to see Brittanys sweet smile just when I needed it. Love you Sister C

Trina said...

I love old musicals! I used to watch them ALL the time before I got married. I havent watched one in ages, no one in THIS house is interested....hahaha

Anonymous said...

Ooooh I vote for Fiddler on the Roof my all time Fav! I love the matchmakers song
"Oh Huttle, Oh Huttle
have I got a match for you!
He's tall , He's handsome,
all right He's 52"
Thanks for putting those songs in my mind today:)

melissa said...

i love musical movies like the sound of music,mary poppins and the wizard of oz my little boy even likes them he even got high school musical 2 for christmas hehe he has music in him and im loving it one day he can sing to his mama when im old lol i love when guys sing i love to feel the base of there voices like when im sitting in church and my husband is singing i can feel the bench vibrate on my back hehe cant get any better being in church getting a massage on your back

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Sis. Charlene: Glad to make you smile. =)

Sis. Trina:Surprisingly some of my brothers are into the musicals too, and my poppi. Its too funny to see them watching it.

Sis.Dayna: I forgot about that one!! Thats one of my families favorites too. I love the song 'If I were a rich man.." hehehe

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Sis. Melissa:I forgot about those ones. All those are great movies. I love listening to guys singing in church too. When we went up to the Hillsboro church I loved listening to Brother Dennis sing with Sis. Trina in church. =)