I figured out what baby Max's nickname is! Might sound weird, but he looks like a cute little polar bear to me. As I was holding him last night while he slept, he just looked so peaceful and sweet and for some reason it reminded me of a baby polar bear. SO!I shall now call him 'Maxie Bear'. ^-^
Anyways! While I was at work today, I had quite a scary adventure...although I don't know if you'd call it an 'adventure'. I was feeding the kids lunch today (A breakfast burrito) and the youngest girl took a bite of her burrito. Now..it wasn't a big bite, but she's quite the piggy and like to scarf it down fast. So, while scarfing it down, she started choking! She wasn't breathing again, like the last time this has happened, so it really scared me bad. I really try and stay calm while this is happening so I don't scare the kids, but this time I was even more frightened then the last time. I tried everything I could think of to do, (or what I was taught in CPR class) and tried each thing on her, and she was still struggling to breathe. I finally had to just stick my finger and get the tortilla part that was choking her. It ended up making her gag enough that she was going to throw it up, and she did. I absolutely hate that part about baby-sitting peoples kids. My worst fear is that that'll happen to me and they'll die....and it's happened to my twice (the choking part, not the dying part). Don't get me wrong, I'm really not a bad baby-sitter and it doesn't happen to me alot(thank the Lord),I just happened to baby-sit a little girl that likes to eat very fast. So now, in the future, i'm not going to put anything in front of her because of it happening to me twice. Both times though the Lord heard my quick prayers out loud, and answered them as soon as I spoke.
5 things you should never put in the dishwasher
5 years ago
2 comments:
Wow, that would be scary. Sounds like you handled your self like a pro.
Oh Lorraine, I'm so thankful God watched over you! It is so scary sometimes not knowing just what to do in so many situations, but calling on the Lord and letting him guide you is always the right thing. What a sweet testimony you have! You're going to be such a good mommy someday :)
Love you lots
Post a Comment