Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Hmmm...

On Sunday at church we heard some pretty interesting stuff that has been on my mind all week. What was talked on(that I can remember), was that we should go to God with all our cares, even the small ones. And going to God for your brethrens cares and remembering to bow down and pray for them when they ask, and not forgetting about it. That's all been kinda on my mind lately. Sometimes I forget I can just go to God for things. Sometimes He's the last person I go to , sometimes because I forget totally, or because I think it's such a small thing that it probably doesn't matter much to God. But I had remembered a prophecy I got the day I was baptized that said He'd answer the great things and the small things that I asked of him, and it just got me thinking after that was talked on in church. I guess I just think that I shouldn't be asking God to take away a headache because I think I should be suffering through it without a word, because Jesus suffered alot more than I've ever suffered,so why can't I suffer through a bad headache? Weeelll, most the time with me, my headaches hurt so bad that they feel like your head going to explode, and the first person I go to crying, are my parents! And after suffering with the headache for hours, someone'll ask me, "have you prayed about it yet?" and then it's like...no...I didn't even think about it!! :/ After the first couple times (you'd think I'd learn the first time) that happened I prayed after each time, and not 5 or 10 minutes later,the headache that was painfully bad ALL day was gone so fast! Now, If I would've asked earlier maybe it wouldn't have gotten to the point where you can hardly bear it. I guess I'm probably failing in that. God has done so much for me, why isn't He the one I go to first with my cares? I'm still learning to cast all my cares on God, but some seem so silly or something I can suffer through, or I just can't even begin to put into words HOW I feel.I'm still learning how to do this....

Anyways!


Tecumseh(our dog) is back! heeehee, I don't think we'll ever get rid of him. Everytime I hear that he's lost in the woods and isn't coming home, a couple days or hours later we hear that he was found. I should just stop believing it!! He's never going to pass away. Lol. He's probably got 20 lives or something like that.

Well, I'm taking a little break from my day and relaxing. I worked at the library today, and there was a Halloween story time there, and all the little kids dressed up in their costumes, it was sooo cute! Mandy, Kristen and I dressed up too in our costumes. ^-^ Kinda embarrassing, but it was fun. After story time Kristen and I rushed home to get out of the costumes, and ran over to the church to meet Tiffy and do some decorating for the halloween party before Kristen had to go to work. The decorating still isn't done, so Kristen and I are going there later to finish it all up, but it's looking cute.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

way cool your Dog came home. awesome love you and missin ya a bunch please tell Mandy and Kristin hi for me and that I love and miss them too thanks

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Will do! love you and miss you to! :/

Anonymous said...

Your story about your dog is hilarious. The first part made me so sad but then it was so cute when he came home. I love it!!
Sis Sharon from Idaho

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Lol, yeah, it's pretty strange. He actually walked 40 miles or so down to the nearest(I think)town, and was caught there, by someone who knew a vet in Corvallis and somehow they figured out he was our dog. Guess it wasn't his time to go, huh? ;D