Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Shopping til you drop

Weeeelll, the topic tells you all. I shopped till I dropped today with Jonathan. I found out that it was Natalie's (one of the girls i baby-sit) b-day today and I thought it was in November! Ooops! Sooo, I went shopping at Toys 'R Us and Wal-mart looking for a Easy-Bake oven. Those things are sooo cool, I have great memories doing that with Brittany! But unfortunately they were out both places I went. And I think I know why. Just recently they had a recall of all toys made in china because they painted their toys with lead. BUT i was reading on wikipedia about this:
She looks so happy. That's what it was like when I cooked with my easy baker! ;D

In February 2007, Hasbro and the Consumer Product Safety Commission recalled 985,000 Easy-Bake toy ovens after finding that kids' hands and fingers can get caught in the oven's opening, thereby posing serious risk of burns. Since the February 2007 announcement, an additional 249 reports of children getting their hands or fingers caught in the ovens, including 16 reports of second- and third-degree burns. As a result, Hasbro recalled all front-loading Easy Bake ovens sold since May 2006, even those that were repaired with the free kit distributed after the February 2007 recall. This unfortunate turn of events was the result of Hasbro's apparently ill conceived redesign of the original time tested Easy-Bake Oven

Now, that sounds pretty silly. I never put my fingers in my oven. People shouldn't be giving their kids a toy like that if the kids aren't smart enough not to put their hands in it. They have a tool to get the food out, and the tool is NOT your fingers. Lol. And it's common sense to not stick your hand in a REAL oven anyway. Hmmmm. Anyways, it's sad, but thankfully I kept my easy bake oven in my closet all these years, waiting for the day I can take it out with my little girl, OR my niece(nieces? ;D) and cook something with it.

OH! But now they have these new ovens that have the disney princesses on it, and it's called a COLD bake oven or something like that. You put ice in it and somehow it cooks it. Don't ask me how, it's probably magic anyways. ;)

So! There you go, now you know that you probably can't find an easy bake oven in stores any time soon!

Other than that though, shopping got done pretty fast. Shopping just makes me sleepy really fast, so after about 30 minutes I'm a zombie walking around.

13 comments:

Russell said...

Hey babe! Cold Bakin Ovin O.o >>>>...??? Are u serious? Thats hilarious! Btw Im sorry I didnt come to the door as soon as you came home! I thought if it was a burglur I wouldnt want to know! Id rather be taken by suprise! Lal!

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Russell, you're silly. Next time get off your little bottom and see who it is instead of sayin 'Who's here?!!?!?!" lol dummy head.

Russell said...

But but....

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

-_-

Russell said...

@.o Raine you know what im thinkin!

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

I know I do. And i'm not likin' it.

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Stop writing when you're just sitting 5 feet away from me.

Russell said...

This is the only way you ever talk to me though.... v.v

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Is not and you know it.

Russell said...

i KNOW ! Lets go get icecream now and TALK things over! ;p

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Lets!

Russell said...

Kk. Mmkk!

Anonymous said...

Anybody wanna pea-nut?