Saturday, October 20, 2007

Is it worth it?

*sigh* i straightened my hair today, got it most the way straight, and I'm sitting here thinking, was it worth it? Was it worth my time today? Probably not. It's probably all vain anyway, and a definitely a waste of time. For the people who know me good, I've got REALLY poofy hair. Let's just say, dad was able to have an afro when he was younger..so he's passed down afro-y/curling hair to me and most of the boys. I used to struggle with this every once in a while, where I'd want to just 'accidentally' chop off my hair in my 'sleep' one day and call it good. Get rid of the hair that I've been made fun of since I've been in my teens. I learned a couple years after I turned 13 that my hair was in fact curly, and not JUST afro-y. Some of my cousins got the same hair as me from their mom (my aunt) and so they kinda showed me how to sorta get rid of the poof and get more of the natural curl that was in my hair hiding. But even when it's curly it's THICK and long, and hot. So, I straightened it this morning, and I'm thinking why did I do that when I could've let my hair just curl!? I guess I'm not very content with what I have sometimes. I get so frustrated with my hair because I've gotten made fun of alot for it...called Afro America, or Puff the Magic Dragon, isn't the greatest. Then, I see girls with straight hair that are trying to get curly hair. Or I talk to a girl that has really thin hair that wants thick hair like me...I guess we kind of all want what we can't have. Really what it all comes down to, I should be thankful that I have hair, and thankful with what God gave me. Some days I'll be walking down the street feeling like I look like a wild woman, and someone random will come up to me and give me a compliment about my hair, and its like, wow, I needed to hear that, because half the time before I hear something like that I'm JUST thinking I wanna cut my hair off now and kinda asking God why I got stuck with crazy hair like mine. It's all vain stuff.Stuff that doesn't matter one bit,because it doesn't matter WHAT you look like, whether you look like a wild woman or a fancy one God doesn't care one bit about it I think. Thankfully I haven't 'accidentally' cut my hair off in my 'sleep' and don't plan on it. Who are you really trying to impress? I can't really answer that, because I don't think i'm really trying to impress any one, it just gets on my nerves sometimes, or gets old curling it everyday.

I wasn't posting this to say the people that straighten their hair are bad for doing it, I do it maybe once a month,or once every two months. These are just my thoughts, and you can do what you want with your hair. :)

0 comments: