Thursday, November 29, 2007

Church

Last night we had an awesome church! A brother from a church close by, came to church last night, which was a nice surprise, and there were 5 prophecies. I've never heard of getting more than 2 prophecies in church, but this was awesome. The first one went to the whole church, just saying that God has prepared a place for us all in heaven and that, and He just told us all to prepare ourselves for the time is closer than we think. And to the young ones to seek Him for spiritual gifts. So that was pretty cool. It had been on my mind the last week or so, that we're supposed to seek God for gifts, but I was just thinking how can I ask God to give me a gift when I don't feel like I'd deserve one? It just scares me that I'd do the wrong thing, or be lifted up in it (God forbid). But it's good stuff to think about and pray about.

I also received a prophecy last night, and it just answered all my fears and worries in the trial I'm in. Last night I was letting myself get into the depths of despair, and feeling like the adversary was just there putting doubts and worries in my head all day. So I'm thankful God heard my prayers last night and took all the worries and silly stupid things in my head away that the adversary was trying to put in my mind.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thats so neat Raine! I wish i hadn't got morning sickness last night so i could be there :(. I'm thankful the lord comforted you!

<3 ya

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we missed a very sweet meeting:( I'm thankful today that the Lord still speaks to his people to exhort and comfort them. I was feeling the spirit so strongly before church, I told Dave before he left that if the Lord pressed it any stronger on me, I would be driving soon after him to church to be used. What an awesome God we serve.

I love you all

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

That's such a bummer you two missed it. :( That's the second time I've felt the spirit that strong..

Kim said...

Seeking spiritual gifts is so important. To see them we have to have someone willing to be used. It is nothing of us when we are used and we for sure dont deserve it. God only uses those that are willing to be used. Remember he used an ass so it isnt because we deserve it or because we are perfect before him. It is just the willingness to be used in how he sees fit. In seeking him, remember to pray for a willingness to be used in what he would have for YOU. Sometimes we get caught up in praying for a specific gift and not what God would have for us.

Glad you were encouraged.

Charlene said...

Hi Sister Rain I love You too little Sister glad you had such a good church meeting I miss church and my brethren love ya Sister Charlne

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Sis. Kim: I think that's what I do sometimes, I ask for a specific gift, when I should be asking for any of them. Guess some of them just scare me from wanting to stand up and do.

Sis. Charlene: Miss you guys too. Hope to see you again someday soon! I'd love to go up and see you someday in Montana! :D