Saturday, August 2, 2008

Breaking Dawn Release Party

Left to right: Amy, Brittany, Me, Kristen and Mandy

I'm taking a quick break from reading, so I can post, hehe. Sis. Kristen, Sis. Brittany, Sis. Mandy, a friend of mine (Amy), and I all went to the release party last night at Borders. It was...interesting. There were a lot of people dressed as different characters, and lots of people with home made T-shirts for a contest they were having. It was absolutely crowded with teen girls...I can count on my fingers how many teen boys were there...not many at all. Lots of teen girls screaming, shrieking and hyperventilating all night long. It was sometimes scary, sometimes funny to watch. But a experience for sure. I've never been to a book release party, so I didn't realize how crazy it would get. Chelsea, if you look closely enough, the guy in the front with the backward hat, was dressed as Emmett. Also, this is just a shot of all the Twilight Fans.

Once we were lining up in line , it was amazing how many had come out of hiding in the rows and rows of bookshelves and crowded around. It was hot, sweaty and LOUD.
So, Chelsea, here are the pictures of our Release party that you weren't able to attend. =( Maybe we can photoshop you it. ;D
Our copies of Breaking Dawn...We stood in line for about 20 minutes, we had a GREAT spot in line.
Just a pin they were handing out to people if you asked for one. Won't wear it again, but still cool! ;D

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

AHHHHHH!!! Wish I could have been there!!!! :( I want one of those buttons too :( But thanks for the pictures...I really wish I could have been there. But now I'm going into book seclusion to read hehe

Chelsea said...

AHHHHHH!!! Wish I could have been there!!!! :( I want one of those buttons too :( But thanks for the pictures...I really wish I could have been there. But now I'm going into book seclusion to read hehe

carimarie said...

What is this book about, is it a series?

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Might sound very shocking...but not totally as bad as it sounds...its a vampire book. She's made 4 books now, and Breaking Dawn is the last one. I don't want to explain it because I wouldn't do it justice. :/

carimarie said...

LOL ok I was just cureious, that ok.

~sis jana~ said...

I skipped the release party, but went first thing Saturday morning to get my copy! Very Excited! Such a good series!

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Ahhh! You'll have to tell me how you like it!!!

Sis. Lori P. said...

Girls, I'm reading Twilight and I just got to a most SCAREY part! Good scarey! I was thinking, no way am I going to read the other three books...now I'm reconsidering. Maybe...

AmyD. said...

I forgot about those buttons. It was just my luck that they handed them out the ONE time I had to go to the bathroom! (I'm still a little sore about that, as you can see :)

I'll never forget that night, though... or recover my hearing!