Left to right: Me, Jonathan, Timothy and Poppi
Yesterday us three 'little' kids went to the beach with Poppi(Dad). It got hot here fast this week, so like everyone else in oregon, we headed off to the coast! I've really never gone to the beach when its been nice weather...its almost always raining or just freezing where you can't enjoy it, but it was beeeautiful yesterday! And surprisingly, it wasn't windy and cold.

We tried going to a beach we've never been to before, and we found one in Depoe Bay, but as you can see on that foot(Above) that it was very painful. Here in oregon we have nice soft sand...or so I thought until we got to this beach. There were different sections where the 'sand' (small pebbles) got bigger, and then smaller. I've never seen it do that. It was kinda like walking on glass. The cool thing about this beach was that there were two little caves in the side on the cliff that we could climb up into. It was neat!

Timothy is having to use a stick to walk in the sand with.
We also got to try some crab for the first time. Well, my first and
last time. ;) I didn't care for it too much, but Timo and Poppi enjoyed it. I'd rather stick to eating tuna fish. That's about all I can handle eating from the ocean. =/
Us 'little' kids. Might not look like it, but I'm older then the one in the middle (Timothy).
We stopped at a few other places. We checked out the Devil's Punch bowl (but it was low tide so nothing exciting happened there.), and downtown Newport..or the historical part of Newport, where there are lots of sea lions out "arf-ing!" It was kinda funny. ;)
For those of you who've never been to the Oregon Coast, this is what it looks like. =) Beeeeautiful!
12 comments:
That is some beautiful landscape. I would love to see . I love crab legs. I don't like alot of diffrant sea food. Now Bro. Stubby he just about likes it all.
That looks like so much fun. I'm hoping we can make a trip to the coast this summer. It's been about 7 years since we've been there. Time to go again, I'd say!!
My but what beautiful "little" kids you all are! And what a handsome "Poppi" too... Thanks for taking The Dad out for the day so I could get his quilt done sweetie!
Wow, the beach is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait until I get to see it someday! And I also can't wait to meet you someday!!! That cave looks awesome! You don't like crab meat!? Oh wow, I love it and my husband says it is 10x better fresh, hehe. I actually would have guessed your brother to be older than you, but from the sounds of it, lots of people do, lol. But it looks like you all had a GREAT day, LOVED your pics :D
O'my that is beautiful I need to come and visit you so you can take me there. I would love to be able to take a day trip to some place as beautiful as that. God sure is good at what he does. I agree with you I don't like crab either or any other sea food for that matter.
rainy jane i love the pics im sooo exited 2 work out 2gether i love your new fun lovin pic though you beauty is still hidden s ttfn with love
Ohh I can't wait to live that close to the ocean again. Me and Lee got to together at the coast, what sweet memories. That last picture is awsome......
way cool Sis I love the beach but have not been to one in years what a fun day with your family I sure miss every one sorry I have not commented on all the blogs latly been very tired so now I am catching up yahoo love you Sister Charlene
way cool Sis I love the beach but have not been to one in years what a fun day with your family I sure miss every one sorry I have not commented on all the blogs latly been very tired so now I am catching up yahoo love you Sister Charlene
Wow, I was SO dreaming of escaping to the coast last weekend! I'm so glad you got to go even if the sand hurt (I've never seen sand look like that:?) The caves look awesome and so do the happy faces of my "little" brethren... Oh and Poppi too!
Lori! You got it done :) Can you bring it to church Wed. night so I can see!?
Is that a beautifull warm sunny day on the Oregon coast???? Every time I hae ever been it has always been cold and rainy....looks like you guys had so much fun!
ohhhhhhhh you have brought back so many memories for me with this post
depo bay and newport is where my family always went, there is nothing like it i miss going to all the shops and smelling that ocean mist i want to go back so bad it has been 7 years since i been to the coast i miss it so much
Post a Comment