Sunday, November 16, 2008

The ball


Left to right: Kaitlyn, Ann, Brittany and me

We're baack! I dont even know where to start!!!! We. Had. An. Awesome. Night. lol! But, I forgot to take my battery for my camera to the ball and so I didn't get ANY pictures of what the mansion looked like or what everyone else looked like!! D: Such a bummer.
The mansion was gorgeous! It had christmas tree lights everywhere on it and around it. It looked amazing! They were white lights, and it had a romantic feel to it. lol.
We got there and pretty much went straight to the food since we were all starving! It was set up like a buffet and the servents and a maid stood around the table with all the food making sure that if we needed anything that they were there for us. Then we went and sat out in the gazebo which was huuuuge! It had glass all around it and lots of christmas tree lights everywhere. Later that became the dancing area for the night. ;)
After eating we toured the mansion and got our pictures taken by a professional. Throughout the whole night the photographer kept finding me somewhere and taking lots of pictures of me, lol, it was kind of funny,
Also we had someone ask us to be in a scene of their film they were making...we never asked what it was for! We're also getting put into the Portland Tribute newspaper this thursday possibly, so that's cool too! :)
Then we pretty much danced all night! It was reallllly cool! Lots of slow dancing in squares...looks exactly like what they danced in the pride and prejudice movies. ;D We all had so much fun, we were squealing all night, lol!

So here are some of the pictures after the ball....
This is just a close up picture of our hair. Mom did both of ours! <3


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks like the most fun. You girls look like you stepped right out of Sense and Sensibility. I love that movie!! I am glad you had such a great time.

~sis jana~ said...

awwww! How cool! That sounded like a night of wonderful memories. Too bad you didn't get to take pics, but your description put a beautiful picture in my mind of what it must have been like. Good for you girls to have gone and experienced such a night! You are all beautiful! ..you can pass that along to the others.. ;)

Sis. Leah said...

Glad to hear you guys had a wonderful time. You all look so beautiful. Your dress came out beautiful also.

Unknown said...

Is that my little girl that I used to bounce on my knees. More beautiful than I imagined you would turn out and in more ways than one. I'm so glad for the happy time you and Brittany had. I love you my girl. The DAD

Sis. Lori P. said...

You are in sleeping tonight, exhausted by your enchanted evening gone by. I wish I could sneak in to your room and "kiss you goodnight" and you would be magically my little girl once more. But, our little daughter has grown into a lovely young woman... I keep seeing this one scene from last night that I will carry with me always... one of you two girls running out the hotel door to the ball all dressed up in your beautiful best with shiny eyes, fans in hand and your dresses streaming behind you! I am so happy you had a wonderful time and that the ball was all you hoped it would be... I love you sweetie!

Tiffany said...

Hi Rain!!! I love the pics. You girls look so pretty!!! I'm so glad you were able to do this.

Chelsea said...

Sounds like you had fun...like your dress.

KatieB said...

i know everyone is saying this but you all look beautiful. glad that it all went grand. if you could do you think you could send some pics of you and Britt over to me! PLEASE. LOL. glad you had a great time.

Russell said...

Lorraine you are so pretty! Amazing to me that YOU made your dress! Thats awesome! Love your hair too! =) Miss you my Sissy baby!

AmyD. said...

Hey, Rainey, you didn't tell me you had a blog, too... :) Yet another way for me to harrass you.

Sis Stubby said...

You girls are so beautifull I am so glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

HI my sweet cousin! You girls are gorgeous! I am so jealous of you girls what an awesome night that would have been. That is also my favorite era...I always tell Josh I wish we dressed like they did back then and talked like they did! haha! That is truly such an amazing experience and there is nothing more fun than dressing up all pretty! :) Love you!

Charlene said...

you guys look great all grown up into wonderful ladys miss and love you both Sis. Charlene