Friday, December 21, 2007

A little testimony

Last night I got a call in the middle of the 'young peoples' visit that Sis. Dayna wanted me to come over and brush Brittany's hair and be with her for awhile after they had cleaned her up a bit. I was pretty excited because I wanted to go see her all day, but I'd been going over there almost everyday to check on Brittany, and thought they probably wouldn't want to see me again! But anyways, on my way over to see Brittany, I had remembered a prophecy I had gotten a couple years ago that God would answer my little and my big prayers, so prayed that I could just see her wake up for just a second because the last few people that had gone over there had seen her open her eyes a bit and communicate with them,saying 'uh-huh' and 'uh-uh' to their questions.
So anyways, when I got there she was totally out, so I just brushed her hair, and continued to pray that she'd move or something so that I knew she knew I was there with her. After her hair was all brushed and put up, I sat down next to her bed and just talked her like I would if she were awake. In the middle of talking to her, I got a text message, and when I get a text message it makes this really loud noise saying 'Whoo-hoo alright! I just got a text message!" and that had her moving a little, so I ran over to get her a drink of juice and after she drank some, she opened her eyes and looked at me and squeezed my hand softly!! I just about cried! Feels like I have seen those eyes in a long time! It seemed like it was taking all her strength just to open her eyes to look at me, but she did it for just a few seconds.
After that she kept on swallowing like she wanted a drink, so I was able to get a few gulps of water in her, and she answered my questions when I asked her stuff, just saying uh-huh and uh-uh.
So Anyways, that was just awesome to me that God did that for me. Even if it was just a few seconds, that's all I needed to see. Just needed to know my Brittany was still in there somewhere, and knew I was in the room with her.

3 comments:

Sis. Lori P. said...

I'm so humbled to see you take your place in the family of God...wasn't it just yesterday when you were my baby girl? With your little blankies...you and Miss Brittany would roll out all the girlie stuff and play in your rooms. We walk together through thick and thin in this life baby, and the thin times make for sweeter memories in the long run!

Anonymous said...

As I read your post, I too couldn't help but be reminded of the sweet little girls God gave us to raise and humbled by the faithful women you have both become. When I was reading her bible yesterday, her prophesies fell out and I read the one you got together that said "I have brought thee together in great friendship to lean upon one another." What a precious gift from God that we are to one another. Without being able to say it, I know she is greatly comforted by your words and your tender touch. I cried yesterday as I bathed her and more of her hair fell out. Lorraine, I know in the grand scheme of things that this is probably a silly thing to ask but could you pray with me that God would allow her to keep her hair. You know how important to her that it is that the Lord gave her her long hair for a covering. I know God would not look at her any differently but My momma's heart just aches that she would have to go through that. Thank you so much sweetie, for all your love and prayers for us.
With much love,
Sister Dayna

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Sis. Dayna..that got me crying this morning. I will be praying that her hair doesn't fall out anymore. I know how much she would be sad if it all was gone. It's hard to read that prophecy sometimes right now. Hard because I feel like I need Britt to lean on, and hard because i can't be there for her to lean on me all through this. Love you guys!

Love,
Sister Lorraine