Friday, December 7, 2007

Eyes

Yikes! Today I went and got my eyes checked because I had gotten a letter in the mail from the eye doctor saying I could come in and get my eyes checked on to see if anything has changed. Well, everything was going great until he was checking to see behind my eye. I guess he saw something that got him a little worried, so he did a lot of tests on me...like putting numbing eye drops in my eyes and poking them and checking the pressure of each eye..and other weird things. And I kept asking, "What's wrong with my eyes?!" And he wouldn't really give me an answer, just kept saying, I'm just doing some more tests on your eyes to check on some things. Sigh. I was thinking my eyes had gotten 10x worse then the last time I was there. And so we left the room and he said he wanted to do 2 more tests, and left me with a lady that did the tests, while he went and talked to my mom about what was wrong. I guess I have veins behind my eyes that are bigger than they're supposed to be. Which I don't really know what that means, but he was worried about it. As far as I know, I didn't have it the last time I went in for an appointment. So, I hope and pray that it'll go away before my next appointment with him,because mom kinda has the same thing that I do, and he's been trying to get her to go to other eye doctors to get it fixed. And it'd be a bummer if everytime I went in for an appointment that he'd bug me about going to doctors and stuff. I know the guy is sincerely worried about us, and doesn't understand that we want to trust God in this.

It was interesting also, in the middle of me getting my eyes checked the doctor asked about my family and stuff (because alot of them go to him for check ups too) and asked if I was close to any of them. And I just told him we were all super close, and always hung out, and that the ones that don't live here anymore are almost always over here. That seemed to shock him a little, and he asked me what our secret was to that. How did it happen that we all are still close after all these years? My stupid answer was, " We just love each other, I guess." I was kind of afraid to just say it was all God because he seems to not like getting on that subject too much. So then, while he was talking to my mom about my eyes, he asked her the same question: Why are we so close? And how did she get us to love each other and get along? And she was told him what I should have said when he first asked. It was just interesting to me that he'd ask how he could get his kids to do the same someday. :/Guess I got pretty lucky with my brothers,and my parents. Couldn't have asked for a sweeter, loving family. I probably don't deserve them, but I sure am thankful that I'm loved by each one. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Love you all. :)

4 comments:

Charlene said...

Yes Little Sister you are very lucky God has been good to your family I love how close you all are to love you Sister Charlene

Ps hope you don't mind the little sis thing after all you are older than me in the faith but I love as a little sister :)

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

I don't mind at all Sis. Charlene.:) You're probably not that much younger than me in the faith anyways! Love you

Mrs.Martin said...

I love your reading your blog. Very interesting post. Many know there is something different about the brethren, like the love we have for one another. I will be praying for your eyes too.

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Thanks Mrs. Martin.;) I hear that alot, that people will have been watching some of the brethren and see the love they have for one another, and it amazes them. I just can't imagine what it'd be like to never feel the love the brethren have for each other, or see it. I think i'd go crazy if I didn't have all you guys!